Brett Favre Outakes

April 30, 2010

Brett Farve will need ankle surgery to play in 2010

According to ESPN's Ed Werder Brett Farve will need surgery on his left ankle to play in 2010. He's debating on having surgery or to retire.

In an e-mail to Werder, Favre said this decision will be a difficult one. "To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected," Favre said. "This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years. That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a since of belonging."

There are a lot more quotes from ESPN on what Farve has said, but my feeling is this gives him a reason to miss training camp. I really hope that is why Farve is mentioning the surgery now to the public.

I am annoyed that the surgery is such a big deal. A good amount of players have surgery after the season. Just look at how many of our own players had surgery to get them ready for the 2010 season that weren't serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment