Brett Favre Outakes

April 21, 2010

Vikings sign veteran cornerback Lito Sheppard

The 9 year veteran has plenty of experience in the regular season and post season with the Eagles and Jets. I really like this signing. He was injured the past few seasons and if healthy will be a steal for the Vikings. I also want to point out the 26th pick overall in 2002 went to two pro bowls in 2005 and 2006. Lito is use to the cover 2 defense, so his skills will be better used in Minnesota than with the Jets. The contract is rumored to be a 1 year deal worth around 2 million.

With the signing of Sheppard I look for the Vikings to draft a corner after round one. I am predicting cornerback Chris Cook out of Virginia in round two might be the pick. I'll post more on my draft predictions tonight and revise my mock draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment